Few days back, I came to know that many of my friends email accounts were hacked. But the point is now every sites like yahoo and gmail provides more security so that you get notified immediately whenever your password changes or whenever someone login to your accounts. So in today's post. I will show you, how to enable notifications of login so that you can get notifications whenever someone logins from your account, by this way you'll come to know someone is accessing your account and also they will not be able to login unless they will have your mobile.
Follow below procedure to enable 2-Step Verification to protect your accounts :
- Firstly, login to your Gmail account with username and password.
- On the top-right corner click on your profile picture and select Account from the drop-down menu.
- In the Account Page, from the left pane select Security
- There you'll find 2-Step Verification, it will be OFF Click on it and it will ask for your mobile number and follow On-Screen Instruction. (Note: Don't Forget to note-down Backup codes)
- After you finish 2-Step Verification, Under Password Management of the same page, Select Account Recovery Options
- In Account Recovery Options Page, Add an alternate safe email id which you can use whenever you forget your password.
- That's It! Save and You're Done!!
Now If anytime even you login you will receive a short code in your mobile which you need to enter in order to proceed further. This way if someone tries to login to your account by using your password. You'll receive a code and you will come to know that someone tried to access your account and you can change your password.
This way your Gmail ID will be safe, secure and Hack-Proof!!:)
You can follow me on Facebook and also Google+ For more How to's